Search This Blog

Sunday 11 January 2015

My 5 Favourite Up-Do's



Hey guys, so I have been trying out lots of new hairstyles, mostly up-do's as it has been very very windy so there's no point in me making lots of effort on my hair! All of my hairstyles are really easy to do and great for many occasions, such as:


School
Work
Dates
Night out with your friends
Activities (Bike riding, etc)
Driving (I hate leaving my hair down when I'm driving as it just gets in the way!)
Weddings
Party


The Messy Bow Bun

How to: 
This is a really easy, cute hairstyle that I love. All I do is put my hair in a bun (put the bobble half way which leaves a bun shape with hair sticking down below it). To get all of it into a bun shape, I just pull at the bun which then leaves no hair strands below the bun. I then take a small section of my hair from the middle of the bun, pull it back and over the bun. I then clip this section which gives the 'Bow' effect. (I hope to god that made sense..) 
Time it took: 4 minutes

The Sectioned Ponytail

How to: 
I pulled all of my hair to one side, leaving some of my fringe down. I put one bobble right at the top and used 3 other bobbles to section my hair. I then pulled at each section just to give it some more effect. I then curled my front section with GHD straighteners. If you have ombre hair like me, I would invest in different coloured bobbles going from dark to light. 
Time it took: 5 minutes

The Wrap Arounds

How to:
I put my hair in a bobble and then wrapped a small section of my hair around the bobble. I then added this retro Bandana and just double knotted it on top of my head. I think this look is quite retro and laid-back.
Bandana - ASOS
Time it took: 7 minutes (couldn't get the Bandana right haha)

The Pretty Beehive

How to:
Firstly, I sectioned my hair. For the top half, I backcombed it slightly which gave my hair the 'beehive effect. There are many special back-combing brushes but I just used a standard hair brush. I then got the other section and wrapped my hair around itself so it was in a bun shape. I then put it in a bobble and used some hairspray to make sure it stayed in place. I then curled the front sections of my hair but then brushed them through for the more wavy look. To finish it off, I used this gorgeous pearl headband to give it that 'pretty' look. 
Pearl Headband - ASOS
Time it took - 8 minutes

Plaits On Plaits

 How to:
I sectioned my hair into 3. The first 2 sections, I plaited separately. I then plaited the bottom section and then linked them together with lots of clips (as needed! hehe). I then took some hair and curled it at the front. 
Time it took: 10 minutes

And there you have it, my 5 favourite up-do hairstyles! I really hope you have enjoyed this blog post. I also hope you love these hairstyles as much as me. Please do give it a cheeky share on Facebook and Twitter, it would mean a lot. Would be great if you could follow me on Blogger if you have an a Google account, you can also follow me on Twitter and Instagram (@1bethsheil) to keep up to date with my blog posts or if you just want to nosey (I'm sure it'll be the second option..) hehe!

Thank you for reading, you lovely bunch,
 









No comments:

Post a Comment