Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Thursday's Top 5

So I am a massive fan of make-up, some people may say 'obsessed' but I would call it a collection! Haha, Autumn is on it's way, so personally, I like to change my make-up bag for darker, warmer tones (especially lipsticks, who doesn't love a good berry lip!) I realise that this is called 'top 5' but there is 2 top 5's in this blog post. Including lipsticks and bronzers/blushers. I definitely recommend these products for Autumn and Winter and to whoever is looking for new products for their make- up bag! These products are both high-end and high-street products. 

Lipsticks and Lip Butters:

 So, I did a swatch! Top to bottom (and also left to right in other pictures above) - Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple, MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger, MAC Lipstick in Craving, No7 Lip Butter in Romantic and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious 245



Here is me badly modelling them.. ( I apologize for the weird, crazy faces I make in these photos!).

1. No7 Lip Butter in Romantic
So this is my latest purchase and I have been wearing this so much! It's such a good colour for when you want to do a bold, strong eye look (such as a smoky eye!). I don't really like the taste of this one haha, I realise that you're not meant to taste them but when it's on my lips, I can taste an awful flavour. Although, I love this lipstick for Autumn and Winter and it goes with every make up look! 

2. MAC Lipstick in Craving
Because this is a MAC lipstick, it wasn't cheap but this is such a gorgeous berry colour. It doesn't show so well on these photos but it's actually a light purple, berry colour and it really compliments my skin (I am very very pale haha). This has a lovely matte texture and (thankfully) doesn't have a taste to it!! This lasts so long on my lips, even when I've eaten, it's stayed on.

 3. Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple
This is a Lip Butter and therefore it is so so moisturising! This is a glossy mid-tone, red lipstick and I love the fact that it's shiny. This one goes well with an eyeliner look (so with no eyeshadow) as it brings out the features in my face.

 4. MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger
This one is my FAVOURITE! Again, it's MAC, so like 'Craving', this one has many advantages. But also, this colour is gorgeous. It's a really really bright red lipstick and some have mistaken it to be an orange lipstick but when you layer it, you can make it look more red and make it stand out more. Although, you really don't need that much on! The only thing is with this lipstick, it can become dry and therefore the lipstick can crackle later in the day.

 5. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious 245
This is an orange toned lip crayon, and I adore this colour. This is also matte but I like to add some Vaseline on top of it to make it stay on my lips longer and also to make it glossier. Again, this one can crackle aswell and I do have to keep touching it up so that it doesn't fade. But I love the colour orange and I can't wait to wear it in the winter when most of my clothes are less bright and they'll be more monochrome!


My Top 5 Bronzers/Blushers:

Left to right: bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte, Bourjois Bronzing Powder, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar, Bourjois Blusher in Jasper Rose 95 and Ted Baker Bronzer/Highlighter.
The Swatch:
Side to top, to bottom - Ted Baker Bronzer/Highlighter, bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte, Bourjois Bronzing Powder, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar and Bourjois Blusher in Jasper Rose 95.

Ted Baker Bronzer - This has a really shimmery and dark tone to it when I apply it on my cheeks, I use this as a blush too as it has a bit of pink in it aswell as the golden brown tone. 
bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte - This is a very dark bronzer so I don't apply a lot but it works a treat and is great for contouring. 
Bourjois Bronzing Powder - This is my favourite bronzer and it always will be! It's such a gorgeous colour and really compliments my skin. It also blends in really easily. (Looks like chocolate too!! BONUS!).
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Nectar - This is my favourite shimmer, it's so so shiny but it works! It makes your skin look flawless. Once again, this is a very pricey product but it's totally worth it.
Bourjois Blusher in Jasper Rose 95 - This has the most amazing pattern, it looks so good in the pot haha! It reminds me of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. This also smells insanely good! 

Hope you liked this post!! Let me know if you want me to do some more blog posts on make-up! :) 

Twitter - @1bethsheil
Instagram - @1bethsheil



No comments:

Post a Comment